Soothe Your July 4th Sunburn
10 ways to soothe your sunburn
IF YOU had the kind of Independence Day that I did, you had plenty of time in the sun. My Croatian skin can take it, but those with less brown pigment melanin might have ended the day with some sunburn.
If so, take a look at Barbara Brody’s 10 Ways to Soothe Sunburn, which I summarize thus:
1. Slop on aloe. It’s soothing and healing. I get it from the source — a plant in my house.
2. Apply milk for 20 minutes.
3. Dissolve baking soda with water and apply generously.
4. Vinegar may help reduce pain.
5. The herbs comfrey and calendula promote tissue healing and have anti-inflammatory properties.
6. Drink pure water.
7. Raw honey can reduce inflammation.
8. Lock in moisture with Burt’s Bees Aloe & Linden After Sun Soother or Bach Rescue Cream.
9. Get more vitamins. (Go to the article for specifics.)
10. Eat fish or take omega-3 fatty acids to reduce inflammation.
So, there’s 10 ways to go… hope your skin cools down!
Last Updated on July 26, 2019 by Joe Garma
Thanks to you author for sharing these 10 ways to fight against the sunburn problem… These 10 things are sounds like a useful ones to get the relief from the sunburn problem…I will surely try one of these..